Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

1.08.2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

So I guess my head cold came back, or this is a new one. I don't know, nor do I care. I do know that the pressure in my ears and head in general are bothersome. Everything sounds like it's underwater. I feel slightly unattached to the world. Other than that I don't feel too bad. I just wish my ears would 'POP' so I could hear like normal.

In other events of today, I have had the old bait & switch, then switch back trick played on me by the very funny and always entertaining Concert Dad. See, I was baited by the promise of a kitchen cabinet job, easy money in my pocket. That was switched to the old farm house re-model but we have to tear down all this old plaster first job that I smashed my hand at on the very first day. Today everything was switched back to the original cabinet job. YAY! But at the same time, that means a lot of my time will be dedicated to being at my parents house working out in the shop.

Today, we cleaned, and re-arranged that very shop. It's all ready for us o start next weekend. Part of cleaning out the shop meant burning scrap wood. After a few trips out back to the burn pile Concert Dad gave me a Burnz-O-Matic torch with a self starter tip. I grabbed it and headed in the direction of the small pile of wood. Mere seconds later, my baby was lit. When I handed the torch back to my dad, as we watched my little brother shoot baskets I said "Good thing I didn't have one of these when I was about his age." He looked at me and I could tell he was thinking of the two seperate times the local Fire Dept. was called because of the size of some of the fires I had out back on the old burn pile as a kid.


He cracked a smile and said, "Yeah, you're probably right."

I was thinking "I wish I had those bottle rockets someone super cool gave me for Christmas"