Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

1.05.2006

Is It Just Me?

So last night I was over at a friends place to watch the Rose Bowl and eat tri-tip steaks. There were about 7 people gathered to watch the game. I was pulling for both teams to lose, but more for USC to get beat than anything else. What a great game, minus the constant reviewing of every other play. During the course of the evening I was involved in several conversations that revolved around College's that people attended.

This is where I kind of got a little lost. There was a lot of back and forth action about whose school had the better team currently. Every one of these people has graduated at least 6 if not way more years ago. I don't understand how they could feel so connected to something they left that long ago. Maybe because I didn't stay away at school, but came home and went to Nerd School instead. But even then, one would think I would have some sort of loyalty to that place, which I don't. In the same way I never want to live in the small town I grew up in. I guess I just don't get it. Does anyone else feel like I do? Or am I the weird-o?