Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

3.20.2006

Not So Much

So all the hype about the Arctic Monkeys is a tad bit over rated. I saw them on Saturday and wasn't too impressed. I was reminded of the Slint show I saw last year around this time. The concert sounded just like the album. Exactly. The songs were not at all rocked out. Instead they were an exact cut out of how they sound on the album. Not one *new* song, or something that didn't make the album. I give the Arctic Monkeys a C+ as far as performance goes. Very Disappointed. I have a feeling that they are going to fall flat on their face once the hype dies down a bit and their second US tour will be a huge disaster.

I was way more impressed with The Heartless Bastards last Thursday night. That Erika Wennerstrom has a powerful voice and a stage presence. Her lyrics are meaningful. I recommend that you check them out.

Apparently my sister's childhood vacation memories are all from one trip.

Funniest quote heard this weekend is from my little sister. When asked what she thought of Concert Dad's beard she replied "I don't like it. Apparently just because he doesn't have anyone working for him anymore he thinks he can just let himself go..."

Andy Warhol is genius.

I want this.