Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

12.05.2005

The Weekend; In Review

It has been a while since I posted anything worth while. It will probably be a while until I do again, here is a semi-quick recap of my weekend.

Friday:
I spent the day doing some major league slacking off here at work. I just didn't feel like doing anything. I left promptly at 5pm so I could head home and get the fixings for an Apple Cobbler together to take over to Tequila's house to enjoy with her and the kids. Normally, it takes just about an hour on Friday at 5pm to get from the office to home. It took me almost two on this particular day. There were no accidents, it wasn't snowing, no major sporting events or concerts.. just a bunch of idiots out driving around.

I got home, sliced the apples and made the topping, then headed over to my Girl's house. I had a wonderful time over there, kind of helping to put up the Christmas tree, watching Lilo & Stitch and snuggling with Tequila.

Saturday:
I got out of bed around 10am. I made myself breakfast and then headed over to Costco. What a mistake. That store was so packed that I had to chase someone leaving so I could wait for them to unload a cart that I could take in with me. Once inside I realized the place was packed with idiots and their maniac children. I blasted my cart into some lady's who decided that the middle of the isle was the perfect place to stop. She screamed "Oh my GOD!!" as I calmly gave her the death stare and said, "Watch out lady".

The rest of Saturday was spent cleaning, making tacos, and playing Xbox. I skipped out on a dinner party that I probably should have went to, but was glad I didn't. There were a few people there I would have liked to see, but more that would have just annoyed me, and being annoyed enough already it was probably for the best that I skipped out. My roommate came home from the party around 10:30, and we headed over to Subterranean to catch a buddy of his play. The only thing good was the 3 vodka tonic's I sucked down during the hour we were there. The band was better live than the few tracks we downloaded before we went, but that isn't saying much.

Sunday:
I got up at about 8:30, got myself together and headed out to my parents house to help Concert Dad do some remodeling work for the upcoming Christmas Party. He showed me what he wanted me to do, and after a breakfast cooked by Concert Mom I got started. I also watched the Bears game while cleaning out the room he is going to fix up. The first half was not what I wanted to see (Brett Favre eating turf). The offense of the Bears is also horrible. With first and goal on the 7, and averaging 4.something yards per carry they decided to throw 2 passes to try for the touchdown. Dumb. Luckily the second half featured Favre getting hammered, and throwing an interception that was run back for the Bears only TD. While watching the game, I revisited the fact that I wished that Mr. Favre played for a non-NFC Central team, because I would like him as a QB if he did, but being a Packer.. I HATE HIS GUTS. I took pleasure in seeing him wince in pain after a sack, and cutting his throwing hand.

I gave Concert Mom her B-day/Xmas present.. a remote car starter. She was instantly pleased. Since I began dating a single mom, I have really appreciated the fact that Concert Mom didn't just abort me 30 years ago. I am able to see now just how much she sacrificed to give me the life she did.

My 17yr old sister Grits locked her keys in her car up at my Grandparent's house. This was according to Concert Dad about the 10th time she has locked her keys in her car. Being as smart as she is, straight A's pretty much she started school, and mostly honor's classes in High School I am kind of amazed at this trend.


Super Bowl Update: I am going for the week leading up to the game, but apparently don't have the 'field experience' to stay for the actual game. I do, however have the 'field experience' to be sent to NASA all by my self and help them get a bunch of equipment ready for the Space Shuttle launch, and to be sent with one other Tech to ready the Monday Night and Sunday Night Football Trucks. I don't get it.