Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

1.10.2006

Are you kidding me?

So I just got into my office after an install appointment this morning at one of the local networks. They recently received 3 new High-Def lenses from us. I went there along with the sales person, and a camera rep to set up everything. Well, the first thing said to me was "Did you bring the 3 focus module's?"

-I didn't know they needed them, or I would have at least brought a few used ones from the shop.

A call to the east coast was made; the parts will arrive tomorrow. I have to go back tomorrow too. So for the rest of the afternoon I have to get all my work that I was going to finish up tomorrow done. Looks like a late night here.

[update:]

So it has become apparent to me over the last few years, and last few co-workers that nothing gets done when I'm not actually here in the office. Sure, I spend some time every day playing around on the internet, but I ALWAYS meet my dead lines, or put in the extra time to get my projects done.

This afternoon I came back to my computer on, but only Internet Explorer windows open. No work programs. All the cabinets here were still locked. Nothing that came in was put away or logged in. Nothing was shipped. EBay purchases were made and various Multi-Media PC cards were researched, and personal phone calls were made and received.

Just for that, I asked another busier office to send me a few repairs. I am putting him in charge of all of them. This other office is notorious for nit-picking others work. I hope he fucks at least one of these up.