Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

12.27.2005

X-mas Weekend or the parts I remember anyway in Review

Thursday 12/22
I skipped lunch in order to get out of work an hour early, made a few stops trying to find something TR was looking to get for her daughter and then went right over to her house. We left right away to meet Concert Sister and a work buddy of hers for dinner. It was during the meal that the decision to 'Go Big' was made. After dinner, several drinks and shots we headed over to the Beat Kitchen for the Cougars rock-and-roll show. My buddy Matt and his cute date Stephanie met us there. After the Cougars were done playing their brand of 'it's so loud my ears are bleeding' music we hit a late night bar and hung out with some of my friends until 4ish.

Friday 12/23
Family Christmas at Concert parents house. So I totally forgot to remind Tequila to bring the kids bathing suits because there is a Hot Tub at my parent's house. My family adores her, and her kids. Olivia fell in love with their crazy dog. Dylan and my brother played nerf basketball. I spilled red wine all over my girlfriend's new shirt. It was an awesome event. I'm glad that everything went just as I thought it would.

Saturday 12/24
I woke up early, made breakfast, and then headed to out to do my yearly last minute shopping. Every year I curse myself for waiting until X-mas Eve to finish my shopping and every year i swear I am going to get everything finished up early next year. I finished up my shopping, and then headed over to TR's house so we could have our gift exchange. I wanted to get it done before X-mas morning because I got her a digital camera and knew she would want to use it. She got me some wonderful gift's including a vintage flask with an old school football player on it. Dylan gave me a package of bottle rockets... I love fireworks! After spending some time over there, I headed home to get some sleep.

Sunday 12/25
Again I woke up early and headed back out to Concert Parents house. Every year I get there and X-mas gift opening is over and done with. Not this year. I got there and everyone else had just got up, so for the first time in a long time I got to open gifts with my family. All of us kids got a ton of crap. We watched 'The 40-Year-Old Virgin' and then I headed home to watch the Bears game. That was awesome. Division Champs. First round bye. An offense that can not only move the ball down field, but that can also score touchdowns. After the game Tequila and I headed out to meet some of my friends for the annual X-mas night drink-a-thon. Before heading out we both agreed that it would be an early night. Instead, we closed two different bars. We were both completely wasted.

I hope your Christmas was as fun and drunk as mine. Up next, NYE...