Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.16.2006

What the F*ck?

So last week was crazy. I went to a Monday Night Rock Show starring TV On The Radio. They were alright, not mind blowing but good. I followed that show with The World's Best Rock Band, The Rolling Stones on Wednesday night. Holy crap that was cold. I have been to Bears games in December that were warmer. I will say, these old geezers know how to put on a big rock show. I have seen them several times over the years and have always been impressed. They work every inch of their stage, play to every person in the crowd and just basically rock the fuck out.

Friday I took the day off to get my car looked at and deal with the insurance people. After getting things pretty squared away, I headed home. With less than 3 miles to my girlfriends house I was side swiped by some idiot who couldn't wait for me to finish merging into the exit lane. The driver door forward is completely fucked. All I can do is laugh.

The rest of my weekend was spent filing a new accident report, filing more insurance claims, shopping and seeing not so scary movies.

I am looking forward to a weekend of Rock-n-Roll. I am going to see either Silversun Pickup's or Magnolia Electric Company on Friday and then heading up to Beer City on Saturday for my first Widespread Panic concert in 2+ years.