Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

3.20.2007

Flat. Pump. Cop.















So last night I walked out of my office at 7:15PM. My car was the only car in the lot. My car had a flat tire. I was out at lunch driving around and didn't notice anything like a flat tire. So between 1:30 and 7:15 my tire went flat. I spent the next little while changing it. As I swapped my tire out for the mini spare I noticed a nail in the tread and thought to myself ''Ah-ha!''

Having super dirty hands and knowing I can't get back into my office building without triggering all sorts of alarms I decided to drive down the street to the nearest gas station where I could fill up, wash my hands and get something to drink for the ride home. I pulled in and did my normal 'Pay at the pump' routine and headed in to the washroom to freshen up. I grabbed an iced tea and paid for it, making small talk with the attendant. I am in this particular gas station all the time so pretty much everyone inside recognizes me. He hands me my change and I head out the door. As I stroll through the parking lot I notice a cop talking to a few people over to my right. I jump in my car, start the engine and slowly pull away. All the sudden I hear some crunching noise and the people talking to the cop (who are now to my left) are pointing at me and yelling. I think to myself, 'What the hell was that?" as the before mentioned cop is running tword me, one hand on his gun, yelling "SHUT OFF THE ENGINE AND EXIT THE VEHICLE. NOW!!!"

I did as he said seeing as I really wasn't into being shot by some rookie suburban cop. AS I got out of my car I noticed the nozzle of the gas pump hanging out of my gas tank just as the Rook Cop was drilling me about weather or not I paid for the gas. I replied, "Calm down, look the pump is asking me if I want a receipt... it wouldn't do that if I didn't pay. Would it?"

"Come with me inside, and give me your drivers license" he orders.

I muttered "Well, I can add to the short list of things I have never done before" as I shuffled through the lot noticing everyone else at the station starring at me.

The guys inside are all laughing at me as I enter their store. The Rook demands of them "Was pump 11 paid for?"

"Yes, hahaha, buddie.. pump.. hehehe 11 is taken care of"

" I just want to reaffirm, pump 11 is paid for?"

"pbbbbttt Yes, it is. Hahahahahahaa. Please bring the nozzle inside, we have a company that'll come take care of this. hahahahahaheheheheahaha."

"Here is your license, you're free to go" he states as he extends his arm holding my ID.

I snatch it up and reply "Gee thanks........" and turn with "Barney" muttered under my breath.

The best part is that my tire isn't flat due to the nail, but from the sidewall getting blown out from one of the gazillion potholes I encountered over the weekend.

Anyone know where to get a decent set of tires for cheap? Or how to claim pot hole damage to the city? that would be even better.