Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

4.13.2007

Racism, My hand and other happenings from around the world

Don Imus has been fired. Good. He should have never said what he did, in jest or not, on the airwaves and I thought he should have been fired immediately. But for him to have to go on Al Sharpton's radio show and apologize to the Rev. about his racist statements is a joke. The good Rev. Sharpton has made way more inflammatory remarks about white and Jewish people. Diamond Merchants, Bloodsucking Jews, and White Implores are just a few that come to mind. Then there is the Tawana Brawley case where Sharpton was ordered by the court to pay restitution for defamation of character. The Good Rev. has never apologized to the people involved for those remarks.

And what about the three Duke Lacrosse Players, who earlier this week were not only cleared of all charges, but proclaimed completely innocent. Will Sharpton and Jesse Jackson publicly apologize to those boys? No, they won't. They won't even admit that their past statements were improper.


I went to the Hand Doctor yesterday and got the great news that although I did cut into the tendon and nerve line in my hand, everything should heal on its own in due time. I was told that I will have a small area the will forever be void of nerve action, I will regain the dexterity and strength that I had before the injury. This is great news, as my right hand ismy 'money hand'. I was freaking out that I was going to no longer be able to work with the small tools I use at my job thus forcing me to make a career change. I did get out of going to the big trade show in Las Vegas, something I really didn't want to do. Not going, and being on 'light duty' here is costing me several thousand dollars in pay I would have received though.

At least I'm not this guy. ***warning** the linked picture and story is GRAPHIC.