Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

3.30.2007

Ouch

Last night I was washing some dishes. There was a wine glass. I grabbed it, slathered it with the soapy rag and shoved it under the stream of water. I moved the rag to the inner portion of the glass, it shattered. I felt the sharp pain of the edge dig deep into my skin. I instantly reacted, saying "I just cut myself..." as I turned the water to cold and forced my hand into the cold water. I rinsed my fingers, and pulled my hand out of the stream. Blood gushed to the surface covering my fingers in red. No in a slight panicked voice I asked "Can you get me a rag or paper towel or something? and ice?.. Om my god this hurts."

Trying to stay calm I continued to run the freezing cold water over the wound, knowing that this will shrink the blood vessels and slow the bleeding. In the meantime Tequila grabbed the ice, pulled out a few cubes, wrapped them in paper towel and handed them to me. I pressed the makeshift cold pack to my cut. The cold from the ice hurt more than the wound. I kept the pressure on for a few a quick minute. We decided to take another look, as soon as the cold pack was removed the blood rushed back.

"We need to take you to the hospital" Tequila ordered.

I shot back quickly, knowing that would mean needles, and stitches "No, no... This will be fine.."

I quickly changed my mind though and we were off.

Three hours, two shots, and four stitches later we were on our way home.

I now have the next 5 days off. I can't work. I can't really do much with my right hand.


I called my mom this morning. I asked her "How many stitches did The Little Bro get?"

Concert Mom said "6, why?"

I then told her the whole story, even the part about almost passing out while I was getting stitched up.


I won't post the pic, it's pretty gross. Unless you want to see it.