Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

4.30.2007

What the...

So I went over the Hot Dog joint by the office and got the 2 Dog Special and headed over to the park to eat out in the wonderful weather. Kids are still in school and no one else was around while I dined half in the shade listening to Dan Patrick comment on the Randy Moss trade to New England, and the possibility of Joe Torre getting fired from the Yankees.

After eating I decide I could use an afternoon drink and a candy bar. I have a major sweet tooth and have to have something sweet to silent the voices, so I head to the local Speedway planning on an iced tea and a Kit-Kat. Well, when it was apparent that they were out of the iced tea I like (unsweetened... go figure) everything changed. I grabbed a Vitamin Water and a Snickers paid for my junk and headed back to the office.

When I get back to my desk, I open a few tabs of news stories from Fark.com and peeled back the wrapper of the Snickers bar. I was able to chow down two bites while reading a story about Jeff Gordon passing Old #3 in total wins at a track Dale Earnhardt dominated. During his victory lap, Alabama's finest fans threw their beer cans onto the track in protest. I was unaware that NASCAR let you bring in your own beer into the grandstands. Anyway I finish the story and click the close button as i peek down to make sure I don't eat any wrapper with my next bite and I see green. Inside my candy bar. a gross, food isn't that color unless it is rotten enough to kill you green. I begin to mildly freak out, frantically reading the wrapper for an expiration date and instructions on what to do in case of poisoning when it all becomes clear.

It's a Shrek Snickers. Stupid movie promotions.