Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

8.30.2005

Phone Support

So today I receive a call at my desk.

Me: "Canon Broadcast Service, this is Concert Josh, how may I help you?"
Moron: "Hi Josh, this is Ken from _____, I need to get the availability of a part for a zoom control"
Me: "Sure, what is the model number?"
Moron: "It is a HZ-FM500 for a Fujinon lens"
Me: "You know you called CANON right?"
Moron: "Yeah, I need a replacement part for this controller."
Me: "You need a replacement Canon part for a Fujinon controller"
Moron: "Well, it is made by Canon."

Me: "What was that part number again? I'll have to look it up in the catalogue."
Moron: "HZ-FM500, I am looking at it on the internet right now.. it say's ' HZ-FM500 REAR FOCUS CONTROL (S14X73B12U)' and that is what I need."

Me: (as I dig through my messy ass desk for the sales catalogue) "You know that S14x73B12U is a FUJINON part number, Canon does NOT make any accessories that are interchangeable with Fujinon lenses. This part is not a Canon part number, or Canon part."
Moron: "Maybe someone from sales there can help me?"
Me: "(thinking to myself.. ha!) Sure, let me transfer you over to Lou"

I lost him in the transfer (accidentally.. right) After I got rid of this yahoo, I Googled 'HZ-FM500'. I found this picture. Keep in mind I work for Canon.


notice how the piece of paper in the box clearly says 'Fujinon'


In Other News, my jail like sentence ends tomorrow evening around 6ish. I can't wait to be free again.