Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

2.23.2006

Stop With the Horn Already!!

So I was just out and about running lunchtime errand. One of which was to stop and put some unleaded in my Egg. The gas station I go to here by the office is a bigger one with 12 fueling bays. Sometimes they are all full and you need to wait a few minutes for one to open up, this was not the case today. There were 4 cars fueling up when I pulled in, right up to a pump. Just as i got out of my car to start pumping, a little old lady laid on her horn. I looked over at her to see what was up, and if maybe I was the cause of her blast. She motioned to the Taxi in front of her. The taxi driver was talking to another taxi driver. They were clearly done fueling up, but obvious to anyone around that they were not ready to move. I calmly pointed to the several other open pumps thinking, "She's old, maybe she doesn't see them, I mean she can barely see over the steering wheel."

She cursed, well I assume it was a curse since her windows were up, put her car in reverse and proceeded to pull behind a guy that was clearly on the phone, and done gassing up and again laid on the horn. Meanwhile, there were at least 8 open pumps.

Now I am one to totally respect the elderly right to be ornery. I mean, I am looking forward to being that old so I can be just that. I am looking forward to yelling at the neighborhood kids to "Stay off my gawd dammed grass" and the such, but there needs to be a line. I mean, you can just go around honking your horn for no real reason other than you want to use that exact pump.

In other news, here is a list of albums that I have advance copies of that I am loving:

Built To Spill - You In Reverse
Arctic Monkey's - Whatever You Say I am, That's what I'm Not

I am looking forward to live performances of both of these bands.

One of my 'problem' customers sent in a very high-end piece of equipment. I told them what was found wrong, mainly that it seemed this took a pretty good impact, and that caused some minor damage. They then mentioned that they had a 'brand new' one and were seeing similar effects, and could this be a possible design flaw. What I wanted to say:

"Yeah, the engineers over in Japan couldn't figure out how to eliminate this so the just said 'Fuck It' and released this to the industry. " "

"There couldn't possibly an 'operator error', so yes I believe this is a design flaw"

'Hey dumbfuck, did you not just hear me say 'impact damage'?

What I did say was:
"Well, You are the only person I know of complaining of this problem. If it was a design flaw I would hear from everyone that has one of these. More than likely it is the impact damage that I was telling you about."

He is going to his boss with this info, and will be calling me back later today. I can't wait.