Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

11.07.2006

Choose Wisely

So after voting early this morning I got to wondering about the whole voting system. Why isn't 'Neither' a choice for every selection. It would act like a minus vote for both or all candidates on a particular ticket. That seems more fair than forcing me to choose between two bad candidates. Instead of one of them, or neither of them (I wrote that in for one of my choices today) they would both get one vote taken out of their total. This would reflect my frustration over poor candidates over writing in neither. To me, that is the same as not voting at all and I feel like I should have slept in that extra 1/2 hour this morning since I stayed up to see the end of the MNF Game. Just long enough to see Tyler Brayton of the Raiders knee the Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens right in the balls. (I can't find a good picture of it, but I am sure it is out there. I'll upload one when I find it.)

In my system you would get 1 vote per race. You could cast that vote for one or the other choices, OR use it against one or both of the choices.

EXAMPLE:

Governator's Race

Vote For G-Rod here ___
Vote For the Other Dude here ___
Vote Against G-Rod here ___
Vote Against the Other Dude here ____
Vote Against Both G-Rod and the Other Dude here ___

In this system, each vote would really count.