Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

9.18.2005

What A Weekend

Notre Dame Football
Watched the Fighting Irish lose a hard fought game on the last play in overtime. 1 missed tackle, and more than a few missed or dropped passes. It's nice to have a fan other than just my family (South Side of Chicago Irish Catholic). Now I have Tequila Red, and my friend Sam Galveston (who was at this game.. JERK!)


Lunch
I finally cooked something for Tequila, even though it was only some fancy mac & cheese.


Rock & Roll
The Hideout Block Party. I was excited to see some of these bands. It was looking like we might have to miss The Pony's due to the ND game, but we made it there just as they started playing. I think I am getting too old to go to these types of events. I waited in line forever to get beer tickets. Then I waited in line for a lifetime to pee. Then I waited in line to get a sausage (that did taste pretty good). Then I waited in line behind two ugly girls talking about their sex lives. Meanwhile the bands played. The music sounded great, but overall I wasn't having too much fun and TR wasn't even going to try to use those gross, nasty, Port-O thingy's. We headed to my favorite bar to meet up with Big & Tiny, some friends. Upon arriving I saw Tony the owner sitting outside. I knew there was a private party going on, and we were going to have to go somewhere else. Tony let Red in to use the bathroom as we chatted. I called Big and let him know we would need to go somewhere else.

Dive Bars
My friend Big's place burned down on the 4th of July. At 5AM, way long after TR and I were last up there in the rain. He and Tiny have been shuffled from hotel to hotel to Tiny's mom's house to finally a short term condo space. Right across the street from this place is your average neighborhood bar. We drank a few beers and chatted about life and stuff. Around midnight-thirty TR and I hit the road.

Late Night Snacks
Upon getting home she asked if there was any leftover mac & cheese because she was hungry. I one up-ed her and made he a grilled cheese. After we ate, and watched some SportsCenter we hit the hay. Exhausted.

let's just say we had a nice morning sleeping in until 10:45 or so.

Pancake and Fresh Fruit Breakfast
I was starving. I had mentioned pancakes the night before bed, and TR was all about it in the morning. I also has some fruit that I cut up into a nice mixture. mmm mmm, good!

Bears(38) vs. Lions(6)

Well, maybe they don't suck that bad. Tequila left for home after the game. As she was walking out the door I couldn't help to think how lucky I really am.

Greenbay (24) s. Cleveland (26)
Phew, close game.. Favre almost pulled it out in the end. Luckily he didn't, leaving the Bears all alone in first place. Can you say Super Bowl?

I finished the evening off with a steak and potato dinner, and now I am off to the shower before the K.C vs. Oakland game starts.