Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

12.18.2005

I Hope Your Kid Has Nightmares

It's Official; Concert Mon has her diploma. I saw it with my own eyes Friday after work. I almost didn't. You see, the gym was 'full'. The Campus Cop told me I wasn't allowed in. He had a real gun strapped to his hip, so I didn't give him any lip. Well, nothing too serious anyway. I did say: "My ENTIRE family is in there, they have been here since 5:50PM, and they are saving my spot. Here, I have a ticket."


He wasn't having any of that, so I called Concert Sister. She calmly walked up, gave me the stink eye and said "Hurry up, lets go!" I responded, right in front of the Campus Cop; "He told me I can't go in there, and he has a gun." Um, she wasn't having any of that, so she marched up to the Cop, and told him that the entire family was in there waiting for me and had a spot saved. He's coming with me... Do you have a problem with that? He quickly changed his demeanor, and said "...mmurp, well.. if there is a sopt.., ummmmm, yeah saved and all, I guess he can.. errr.. I mean if there is a spot for you, go right ahead... um.. Sorry?"

Graduation Pic's: I don't know most of these people.











































































This guy was protectiong us during the ceremony


I took this picture after the ceremony was all over and done with... while saying kind of loudly; "There he is dad, the Campus Cop with the gun that wouldn't let me in"















Just look at his face. I sure felt safer....

Saturday, after taking The Roommate to get his car he left at work and a quick trip to Dominick's I was settling in for a nice long day of Grey Goose drinks and NFL Football. Then Tequila called and invited me to go see the new epic movie Kin Kong with her and the little people. I told her "Hell Yeah I'll go!" We got there little early, grabbed some seats and then I went with my mental peers to the game room. Olivia couldn't find anything to play, while Dylan was checking out the games with prizes. I tried one game with a dumb toy while Olivia looked on. I didn't get it, but I almost did. I decided that I was 'feeling it' after that try though, and headed over the The Claw. I scanned the various toys and prizes inside and saw a ball that was very gettable. I also noticed it was a King Kong ball, so it was probably recently added. I dropped in my tokens, positioned the grabber and hit the drop button. A few seconds later I was bouncing my new Kong Ball down the hall with glee.

Shortly after this we headed into the theatre and took our seats. A few moments later the epic Kong movie started. I loved it. Every second of it. I basically had to pee for the second half of the movie. Pretty badly near the end. The part of the movie I didn't like was the 3 year old sitting two rows behind us. This small child talked, screeched, and was basically annoying through out the movie. When it was all over I leaned over the row and told the lady 'Hey, thanks!" She kind of smiled and responded 'O, for what?" to which I replied "For bringing the way little kid who did not stop talking through out the whole thing. I told my dad today, I hope that kid has nightmares.

Today I went out the Parents house to help my dad finish up remodeling a room the basement, and fix a bathroom vent that was not working right. Some of this involved going on the roof, and in the attic. It was freaking cold up, and out there.

Speaking of cold, my weather thing on my Firefox browser says it feels like -9 degrees F. The Roommate is currently at this wonderful Bears game that I am watching. I'm sitting on the couch, in the warm, sipping my Grey Goose while he is at the stadium freezing his balls off.