Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

9.08.2005

Worst Ending Ever

Monday Night
Monday night, after returning from the camping/hiking trip, we had a wonderful dinner of steak and lobster. Yummy. After dinner and a few stiff drinks, the three of us headed out to the bowling lane. Not just any bowling though, candlepin bowling. Basically you throw a bocce ball at 12 birthday candle shaped pins. You get 3 tries to knock them down, and the one's that do fall aren't cleared between throws, giving you opportunity to use them to your advantage. There was no bar at the lane, so wisely Frank's Wife packed a flask of Captain Morgan's for Frank and I. There was a bar connected to the lane, so after downing the rum, we got a quick drink between games there. This bar was probably built in 1971, and still had all of the original decorations.

Tuesday
Tuesday brought me a bunch of cool things. I got my new ipod delivered and I got to visit the oldest baseball park in the nation. Not only that, but I witnessed a great game. Both Frank and I said we were going to just have a leisure day at the park, and that we weren't going to drink as much as the last 4 days. HA, that plan didn't work at all. We got freaking wasted. It was a great day, and a great way to end a great trip.

Wednesday
I got home with no problems. It was nice to be home finally. I had been looking forward to getting back to some sort of a normal routine since my trip out to Las Vegas. Upon returning home; I unpacked, I washed all my dirty clothes from my trip, I talked to my parents, made plans to get together with some friends this weekend, and had plans to see my girlfriend tonight. She got home from her job and gave me a buzz. I got a few things together, and headed right over. We told each other about our weekend (well, her weekend my week). Then it came. For the first time really, the uncomfortable silence. And it was very uncomfortable. We didn't have anything else to say to each other. There was just silence. Then, after the slience came the 'talk'. You know the 'what are we doing' talk. At the end of the talk, we decided to part and go our seperate way's. I left, wth a broken heart and lots of confusion. I am not sure if we made the right decision, or just the easiest one. I do know that it sucks and I am completely miserable.


And that was the end of my vacation from real life. Tomorrow, I get up and go back to work. Who know's what kind of surprises await me there. I gotta try to go get some sleep. Thank FSM for Tylenol PM's.