Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.06.2005

Random Events


Events in a stranger's life.

So an engineer at my roommates work had a small problem one morning not too long ago. I guess he keeps his shoes outside the back door. Well, a baby squirrel decided that his shoes make the perfect bed.

Well this guy figured he didn't want a baby squirrel nesting in his shoes.. personally I wouldn't put them on after the first incident... anyway, this guy goes and builds the squirrel a little house.
A Conversation


So yesterday I call my parents house. I haven spoken to anyone there since before heading to Tequila's family gathering party last weekend. This to me is strange, seeing as how my mom usually wants all the details of something like that. My dad too, I figured would have called me just to see how it went.. but no call. My Brother answers the phone when I call around 4 in the afternoon. I ask him about his fall baseball league, they are 1-5 and he isn't hitting. I tell him he needs to adjust his game to what is being presented and start swinging at pitches, even if they aren't perfect. I ask him if he has a girlfriend. He tells me the girl he liked moved, and he doesn't have any idea where. poor guy. I ask him how school is.. he responds like the typical 10 yr. old.. 'fine, jeez'. Sensing he is becoming bored with my barrage of questions I ask him to put his mother on, to which he defiantly responds "you mean OUR mother". I hear the phone drop to the counter, and him telling mom that I am on the phone, and her response "see if I can just call him back". Being the smartass son that I am, when my brother tells me that, I tell him to tell her "That is just unacceptable". This time he brings the phone with him. I hear a strange man's voice suddenly in the background just as, and this is sooo adorable, he tells our mother "um, he said that was not going to be acceptable..."

the remainder of the phone conversation with my family house went something like this:

Mom: What do you want.
Me: "Nothing, I was just calling to say....
Mom: I am in a meeting with Margaret's college scout, I will have to call you back!"
Me: ... Hi"
CLICK

oops. Sorry Mom.

Vote!

I NEED you to vote on weaterh or not I should get the flu shot. You can be all annoymous and not even put your name or real info down, just give me your opnion. I have to respond later this afternoon on wether or not I will get this done.