Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

9.27.2005

Broken

So it was two years ago this Halloween that I went out to NYC for 3 days. I saw 3 bands in 4 different NYC venues (Widespread Panic at Madison Square Garden, RANA at a private loft party, Ween at the Roseland and RANA at Tobacco Road). I also drank enough booze to get an elephant wasted. I don't really remember too much about this trip, except that I came home with a broken rib. Now it is speculated that I broke the rib while puking, but no one knows for sure. I didn't puke until I got home. I didn't notice that my side hurt like a muthafugger until I sobered up 3 days later (alcohol posioning sucks). I went another week or so and 3 sold out Ween shows here (The DVD shows) before I went to the Dr. My Dr. told me that there was nothing she could do for the pain, and that it would gradually disappear.

Fast-forward two years. My freaking broken rib (the 6th rib on my right side) still hurts. Not every day.. but most. It really HURTS right now. I mean it REALLY FUCKING HURTS.

I think I may need to start exercising.. or something. This has to change. I can't live the rest of my life with this pain. Imagine a stabbing feeling right under your armpit every time you move. That is what I feel right now, plus a general soreness that never completely goes away. The stabbing pain comes and goes, but the soreness is ALWAYS there. Everyday.

Maybe I am just a pussy.

I turned down the Arcade Fire ticket(s) today. I just heard those tickets were sold to some fool for $130 (for two tickets that cost $27/ea).