Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

1.19.2006

I just don't get it.

So as you know I have a Girlfriend. She is awesome. We spend a lot of our time together. We email back and forth during the day sometimes. We talk on the phone at night. There are text messages sent. We talk when we are together.

I'd say we have great communication with each other.

And I don't think we are alone in the world. I see countless couples, some married some not, that share most if not all of these communication traits.

My co-worker also has a girlfriend. He has 2 cell phones, one that is specifically used to talk with her. (Some 'shared minutes' family plan) The other is also used to talk with her, but is his 'personal' phone. So is his office phone. They talk on the phone no less that 5 times a day. Every day. When his office phone rings, 99% of the time it is his girlfriend. If for some reason he is unable to answer his office phone, one and then the other cell phones will ring. If neither of those is answered, the office phone will ring again.

I know, as does every person in the office, when it is his girlfriend on the phone. He answers in a professional tone but quickly regresses into a barley audible tone when he is talking her. It is almost a whisper. It is also very annoying.

I don't know, I just don't get it. How cold they possibly have so much to talk about? How do they not get sick of being in constant touch with the other? How do they wonder about and/or miss the other? What do they talk about later in the evening? Is it only during the day that this happens?