Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

9.20.2005

Math







BBQ Baked Beans +










Shells & Cheese +













BBQ Chicken Breast =












Dinner






For those of you who don't know, I was a vegetarian up until about 3 years ago. You see, I met my friend Big about 4 years ago. As we became better friends, I got invited over to his place more often. I finally moved to the city because I realized single life in the suburbs sucks. Anyway, Big likes to cook. I watched him cook steak, chicken, lamb, shrimp.. pretty much every animal that you can eat. Being a veggie only person, I didn't try most of the stuff he cooked. But I always watched him, and usually thought to myself "Self, that looks pretty dam good" It only took about 3 months of watching Big cook at least 3 or 4 times a week for me to try one little piece of turkey sausage at a Mardi Gras party. It was ON. That was so freaking tasty, it was almost like I had never tasted anything like that before.

It was about 3 months later that I decided to try cooking some of these things for myself. There was a trial and error period; I will admit that I fucked up a few steaks, some chicken legs, and more than 1 type of fish. But not giving up, and always still watching other people cook, learning little things here and there, I eventually became the food cooker I am today.

I cook dinner almost daily now. I freaking love it. I love cooking, and trying new things out. That's why I put up so many photos of the food I cook. Since I am only usually cooking for me and my roommate these days, he is the only one that gets to see and taste it. Now I share it with all 3 of you. Enjoy!