Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.28.2005

Road Trip

I haven't hit the road to a far away town for a concert in a while. Wednesday after work Tequila Red met me at my grandparents house and we headed up to Madison, WI for the solo Rhett Miller show. We stayed with her friend Paralegally Blonde, who was a Rhett virgin.

On the ride up to Mad-town we stopped at a newly improved Tollway Oasis on I-90. While I wasn't super impressed with the craptastic pizza I ate there, I was impressed with my Claw skillz. I spied the machine from across the room, and decided that I was going to try to get one of the fabulous prizes inside. After I ate most of my food, I strolled over to the machine and shoved a dollar in the slot. On my very first try I snagged a Chicago Bulls mini playground ball. Since it was $o.50 a try, I had one play left. I almost snagged a Chicago Bears ball on that try. Even though I missed on my second try I still walked away a winner. The rest of the car ride up was a blurr of road construction and semi's. Luckily I had a great passenger to help pass the time.

When we got into town, we went to PB's place and freshened up, then headed over to the venue. The venue was pretty nice, drinks were pretty cheap (college towns, gotta love 'em) and the no smoking indoor policy was awesome... although some people were seen smoking non-tobacco products through out the night. Tequila stood right up front for the performance of the very man pretty Rhett Miller. He is so man pretty I have a slight gay crush on him. We saw some friends that were extra's in the Old 97's concert scene with us over the summer, and a few of Red's 'front row posse'. During the show several people sent me text messages to let me know that the White Sox had swept the Astro's and won the World Series. BFD was my response to every one of them. I mean really, who cares about the Sox?

When we woke up in the morning, PB had already left for work. We hit Denny's for breakfast, and low and behold there was a Claw there too. Once again I shoved my dollar into the slot, and came away a winner. This time I won some sort of pumpkin-head stuffed thing. Whatever, it is kinda cute, in that it's so ugly it's cute sort of way. The rest of the day was spent driving home, and lounging around in a horizontal position. In the evening Tequila and I hit a few stores to get some supplies for her Halloween Party on Saturday. Be there or be square!

Tonight is another Rhett show. I need to get some feeder type fish for my tank.. otherwise I'm going to lose a few more Tetra's. Sunday I will be sitting in front of the TV watching the Bears take a firm grip of 1st place.