Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.24.2005

Meet The Family II, My Turn

I got to meet my Girlfriends family this weekend. Well, her parents and her Brother's family anyway.

Tequila Dad likes to play golf. I can't hit a golf ball more than 10 feet, usually about an inch off the ground. His first question was "Do you play golf?"

I just can't play that game. Except on Xbox.. I rule that game. I will occasionaly watch a golf match, some of it anyway. I'll nap through most parts; I do the same thing NASCAR too. Turn it on, turn the volume down, and crash out for hours on the couch.

Tequila Dad's next question was "Did you see my car?" He has a sweet Mustang in the garage. I'm not sure what year it is, but it looks like a '65 or '66. He also has a BRAND NEW Mustang. He let me sit in it, and start it, and even rev the engine. I did NOT get to drive it.

The rest of the weekend was spent watching Notre Dame football, thrifting in the sticks (I bought a few 'farmer' shirts), family dinner at a restaurant with the worst waitress possible, catching seconds of the World Series, sometimes through stained glass, a visit to a home town bar complete with OK Cover Band and mall hair, sort of watching Pretty Woman, 2 crazy horses (by crazy I mean gay for each other) and a trip through Wal-Mart.

Traffic in the City of Chicago on a day the White Sox play game 2 of the World Series, and the Bears play at home and it rains all day REALLY SUCKS. (edit; I recently found out the Blackhawks also played a home game Sunday)

I also realized, way too late mind you, that I need to clean up at home. It is kinda nasty there, but I haven't really spent too much time there lately so what can anyone really expect? (Sorry girls)

I can't believe the White Sox won that game last night. I can only hope that Houston wins the next two games, otherwise there will be no game 6, and Concert Dad and I will make no money selling his tickets.

This weekend ended with the Bears still in 1st place, I figured out what I am going to be for Halloween, got VIP tickets to the upcoming Minus The Bear show, and a steak dinner.

All in all a great weekend.

This week includes me being way too busy for this blog during work hours, 2 Rhett Miller concerts; one in Wisconsin, a day off from this J-O-B, more World Series games, and who knows what else.

Stay tuned to find out!