Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.20.2005

Random blabbling for Thursday

my random thought for Thursday
I am a real big fan of this time of year. Some of the best times are had between now and the end of December. It usually isn't that cold, and with the holidays just around the corner everyone seems to be just a tad bit more upbeat. The actual stress of the holiday season hasn't really set in yet. That'll happen about an hour after Thanksgiving ends.

my random event
Tonight I am going with Tequila Red to see American Analog Set, with Chin Up Chin Up opening. Less than a year ago, Chin Up Chin Up suffered a loss. Here is a link to a story. There is something not told in that news story, something I had heard before but was told about again last night by the Rock Star. When the car that hit him swerved in his direction.. he shoved his girlfriend out of the way an instant before being hit. I would totally do the same thing.

trying to help
So last night I was over at my Sister's place. She doesn't have a land line hooked up at all.. her and her Boyfriend are both cellular. He needs DSL for some art project he is doing, so they ordered it. Neither one of them could hook up anything electronic to save babies, so I offered to stop by and hook them up. I was told that they had everything I would need, but of course they didn't. There is one piece that it totally key to the situation.. the phone jack. I made a list of the stuff I need, and I'll go back on Friday Night and hook her up right. Sounds like a Rockin' time.

Seems her retarded dog likes my Girlfriend, but still hates me. Well, maybe not hate, but it's totally unsure of how it feels about me. It's super into my Girlfriend though.

my baseball thoughts
I still can't believe that the World Series will be played in Chicago starting Saturday. Concert Dad has tickets to Game 6. I hope there is a Game 6, and I really hope he asks me to go with him. I kinda hope the Sox win. I wish the Cardinals won last night. I think the battle between LaRussa and Guillen, whom LaRussa managed back in 1985-1986 would have been awesome. I grew up on the South Side, and was a Sox fan up until 1993 the year I turned my back on the game until the day Kerry Wood struck out 20.