Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

11.22.2005

Just when I thought it couldn't possibly get worse....

So I am sitting here working on a few estimates, and my co-worker is disassembling a lens. I notice him looking in the parts cabinet and I think to myself I wonder what he is looking for knowing the lens he is working on only needs 'rollers' which are kept in a bin near his bench. Paying attention to what I am doing, I stop wondering what the hell he is doing. The next thing I hear is the Dremel Tool start up, and the familiar grinding of metal noise coming from the projection room. I immediately get up and quickly make my way over to him and ask "What are you doing?"

co-worker: "I am cutting out this screw" as he shows me the $1500 zoom cam unit with a stripped out screw

Concert Josh: "Stop that right now and give that to me" grabbing the parts from his hands

I then take the zoom cam to my bench and easily remove the stripped out screw in seconds. I hand the parts back to him, shake my head in bewilderment and go back to work wondering "Why Me"

edit: He fucked up the $1500 part anyway. That part is backordered. That customer was one of the irate callers I had this morning. I no longer care. Why should I? No one else seems to anymore