Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

11.21.2005

The Big E

She came to town this weekend for her yearly visit. I was supposed to hang out with her this weekend. Instead, I claimed that I was too broke to go out (half truth.. ) and completely ditched her and her crazy band of misfit friends. I only feel slightly bad about the whole thing.

We became close friends after both of our long-term relationships came to bitter ends only a few weeks apart years and years ago. We both went thought completely crazy phases together. Pretty much everyone thought sooner or later we'd turn to each other and realize we should be a couple, every one except us. We both knew that would be the worst thing for us, as we were both too crazy, and too hurt to begin any sort of romantic relationship. We needed each other, but we also needed our space. I'm glad for those years, and our many many adventures together. I'm glad we kept it to 'friends only'.

So instead of a crazy, drunk-ass weekend with her I cleaned my place like Cinderella. I watched Shawshank Redemption alone. I updated my iTunes with all the music I have recently downloaded. I watched the Bears roll over the Panthers. I didn't leave my place, except to go down the street to the corner store. I didn't call anyone, and no one really called me.

And I feel great. Mentally and physically. I'm ready for the Holidays to start. I can't wait to see my Girlfriend Wednesday afternoon. I am really looking forward to heading up to her sister's place for Thanksgiving.