Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

11.10.2005

That show SUCKED

Last night Tequila and I met up with a few friend type people to check out Flower15's show at the Metro last night. The lineup consisted of Cougars/Criteria/Pelican/Minus The Bear. Our group had obtained VIP passes for a mere $5 over the ticket price. Cougars took the stage around 8, and ROCKED. They were louder than I have ever seen them play, and seemed at home on the bigger stage. Way back when, Cougars were Hot Stove Jimmy, a ska band. Hot Stove would regularly sell out the Metro, so it is no surprise they look like they are at home in front of a large crowd.

The next two bands totally did not rock. Criteria sounded like an Emo Rush. I hate Rush. I can't stand the singer's voice. It seemed to take an eternity for their set to end. Pelican took the stage next. Not really next, because it took about 20 minutes between bands because of the tear down and set-up. And in between sets there were these two idiots that were dressed in hunting camo outfit's telling horrible, almost racist jokes. They were not funny, and were a big part of causing the evening to suck.

Pelican was good. But like the previous band, they played for too long. Pelican is also an instrumental band, which kind of causes all of their songs to bleed into eachother. I was into them when they started playing, but by half way through their set, I was bored. I glanced over at my girlfriend, and she looked like she was almost asleep.

By the time Minus The Bear took the stage, I was ready to leave. We stayed for a few songs, and then hit the road.

I am extremely disappointed in the whole ordeal last night. I guess that happens occasionally.

Pie

I was informed that I am in charge of making a pie for the Thanksgiving festivities. Anyone got a real good pie recipe? I found a few online, but would love to try yours. Please email them to: concert.josh@gmail.com

I want to give a shout out to the little old man I encountered at White Hen this morning. Thanks for shoving past me while I was pouring coffee. Thanks for bumping my arm while I poured, causing my arm to shift and hot coffee to spill all over my hand, the counter, the floor and my brand new shoes. You rule.