Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

11.08.2005

Tugboat and other goings on

My drummer friend Tugboat is in town with his 'other' band Sam Champion. He called me last night to let me know he was already in town, and he wanted to hang after the band took in a movie. As I was talking to him, he say's "I think I'm right by your place, there is a park on the left here.. " He chuckles, then adds "Well, there are probably a lot of parks on the left in this city" Like the rest of the indivdual members of the band (Boots, Matt, and Andrew.. who only comes through with RANA) I can't wait to see him tonight. The last time he was in town we stayed out till 4AM partying like rock stars should, he stayed over at my place and in the morning when we met up with the rest of the band members they tried to get me to go with them to Indy. If I didn't have a date (our second, BTW) I totally would have gone. I'm glad I didn't.

I got another email from HR this morning letting me know I am still not in Corporate Compliance. Duh, I know I never filled out this dumb form and sent it in. I'm pushing to be the very last employee to comply.

The Boss Man wants me to fly out to New Jersey for 'training' in December. He wants me out there from 12/12-12/16. I made the suggestion that maybe the first part of January would work out better being so close to the Holidays and all. I never got a response, so I think I am going, which is going to make Christmas worse than normal.

After almost 7 months of playing, I finally beat GTA: San Andreas last night. I'm glad that's finally over.

Up for the rest of the week:
Tomorrow I am seeing a band called Cougars open for a personal favorite Minus The Bear. I also get to see my lovely Girlfriend. Sunday, I am going to my first Bears game ever. I watch them every week from the comfort of my couch. Not this week, I am actually going to the stadium. I was there once a long time ago, before the remodeling. I wasn't there for any sort of sporting event, I saw Pink Floyd on their last North American tour.