Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

9.22.2005

Music or BBQ?

I was all ready to go see My Morning Jacket tonight earlier this month. I have since changed my mind. Honey 1 BBQ has just moved into my area from a scary ghetto type neighborhood. Their old place had bulletproof glass, and one of those bank teller type windows to protect the people working. The new place is right around the corner from my old apartment in one of Chicago's up and coming neighborhoods. I have decided to meet some friend there for dinner tonight, and then we will head over to my bar for after dinner drinks.

Tequila Red's HNT picture almost had me breaking the ban this afternoon. Luckily I am at my office, and there isn't any private area for me to be alone.

Work is going way better today than it has all week. I have actually solved most of the problems that occurred around here either from my customers being idiots, or my co-worker being inept. I wish I could control the traffic to and from the office though. It has sucked ass all week. I drive through the previously mentioned scary ghetto neighborhood. Last night, some guy with a spray bottle and squeegee made a B-line for my little car while stopped at a red light. I was blasting Appetite For Destruction, and as he approached I kindly told him to please stay away from my car. He either didn't hear me, or didn't care and started to spray my windshield. I then kindly said "Please get the fuck away from my car". Again, he just went about his window washing. When he was done, he looked at me and started to ask for money. I said "Thanks, but I didn't ask for the windnow washing and I don't pay for services I didn't ask for, if you would have heeded my request to stay away from my car I would have given you my spare change"

With a stunned look, he mumbled something I couldn't hear over Axl screeching the lyrics to 'My Michelle' and shuffled to the vehicle behind me.