Concert Josh

not so daily ramblings

10.16.2005

Weekend Recap

Thursday

I know it isn't really the 'weekend', but it is when mine started. Tequila Red and I went to see United States of Electronica. We danced and danced, and after the show we went upstairs and danced some more. Around 1:30AM I got a call from my friend Matt who ditched the rest of the band, and caught a train to the city from Milwaukee. We went and met him, and then the group of us headed to Estelle's until they closed. At 2AM when we were walking in, I paused and called into the office to tell them I wasn't feeling well and would not be in on Friday. YAY, 3 day weekend!

Friday

the afternoon
Well, Friday around 11AM anyway. Red and I went to breakfast. I called my sister to let her know I skipped work (she was soooo jealous) and I would pick her up and drive out to the burbs for the party. The party was for my grandparents. They have been married for 50 years. That's a long time. Pretty much everyone in my family was there. We had the whole 4th floor of a hotel.

the meeting
This was the first time Tequila would be meeting anyone from my family besides my sister. She was a bit nervous, as anyone would be. We tried to sneak into the hotel unnoticed so we could freshen up a bit before we I introduced her to everyone. That plan was busted as soon as we got to the elevator. My sister hit the button, just as I noticed that the common room was right next door, and every single person in my family was in that room watching the White Sox game. The elevators were as slow as molasses which allowed us to be easily spotted. It was a mad rush. 8 girl cousins, 2 sisters, 3 Aunt's, 2 Grandparents, and 1 Mother were in front of us in a flash. The elevator doors finally opened as I was introducing everyone to my Girlfriend. I tried to hold the elevator, but was promptly hugged by gram's foiling that plan. After what seemed to be an hour, but was only probably less that 8 minutes I said "Alright, we're gonna run this crap up to the room and get settled. We'll be right back down. After a quick pizza dinner, and several loud cheers from the crowd, the older sect suggested that maybe the Loud Crowd tone it down a notch.

the suburban bar
My sister's Rock Star Boyfriend wanted something a little stronger than beer as did I so we headed to the Sports Bar next door.. suggesting to several Uncle's that they might want to follow suit. Holy mass ugly-ness. The hottest girls in the bar were Tequila and my sis. None of the dudes were dressed well either. There were several candidates for worst dressed, until my parents walked in. Now, Concert Mom was dressed like a typical 48yr. Old Suburban Soccer Mom. None of the siblings actually play soccer, but you know the look. Concert Dad on the other hand had on quite a unique outfit. From the feet up he had on sandals, blue plaid pajama pants, a black Frank Thomas T-Shirt.. tucked in of course and a white hat with some golf logo on it. Ding, Ding.. We Have A Winner.

the pool guy
The Rock Star and I were playing a game of pool, I was sucking of course. My Dad came over and said "Hi", I told him he need to play pool while I made sure Concert Mom was nice to my Girlfriend. By nice, I mean she doesn't ask her any inappropriate questions. The Aunts and Uncles started drifting in and I ended up talking to some of them. Meanwhile Tequila went to the bar for a drink and started talking to this guy (with my Uncle who is in red). Shortly before that, this guy had asked my sister if she wanted to go out to his car to smoke 'some good weed, man'. Shortly after he bought Tequila a shot he was hitting on my Mom. Tequila and I called it a bit earlier than the rest of the crowd. I was later told, after we left that this guy was dragged out of the bar by the local police after a small fight with some suburban Tools yelling "But HE didn't call the shot, its his fault man..."

Saturday

Pictures were at 10AM. I wanted a drink, but that wasn't happening. Tequila came down a little later and we got a real nice photo together. After a few speeches from my two Uncles, and my Grandpa's brother Gram's got up and introduced her entire family. This was a very 'Sound of Music" feel to it. Don't judge me, Julie Andrews was a hottie! As our name was called, we stood up. After a nice meal, most of the family headed to the nearest TV to catch as much Notre Dame football as possible. We were supposed to head to the city after dinner, but we decided to stay another night in the hotel. I helped clean up, and headed to bed around midnight.

Sunday

We were going to go on a cruise of the city, on the river. I woke up feeling like I am getting sick, Tequila said the same thing so we decided to just head home. I dropped her off and now am home. I am going to post this and then turn on the Bears game and nap.

Tequila Red was a huge hit with the entire family. Everyone, except for maybe my mom's very Republican from Oklahoma City cousin Johnny.. but I think he liked her.. I mean he invited us out for a visit.., other than that EVERYONE just loves her. Including me.